- A four year undergraduate degree or its equivalent;
- 6 hours of Introduction to the Bible (typically 3 hours of Intro to Old Testament, and 3 hours of Intro to New Testament), and 3 hours of Introduction to Theology. Students without these (or similar courses, with permission), must take BIE 500 (Introduction to the Bible) and THS 540 (Introduction to Theology). Although these are prerequisite courses, they may (with permission) be taken concurrently with certain other Bible and Theology courses. (Note that these courses are not counted in the 49-hour program requirement.)
- 12 semester hours of linguistics (Language and Society, Articulatory Phonetics, Phonological Analysis and Grammatical Analysis). This requirement is normally met by taking the 9 week CanIL Summer Session.
- An overall undergrad GPA of at least 2.50
- Evidence of Christian conversion and written commitment to sustain responsibilities of membership in the community of ACTS.
- Students for whom English is a second language must attain a TOEFL score of 100 iBT (with 23 minimum in each category of Listening, Reading, Speaking, and Writing). They will be required to participate in the English Writing Lab to assist them in the completion of their assignments.
Admission requirements for the MLE are set by ACTS. See this page to check their requirements.