- CanIL Library: library.canil.ca
- TWU Library: www.twu.ca/library
- TWU Library linguistics specific resources including abstracts, journals and dictionaries: Link
- Tyndale University College Library: www.tyndale.ca/library
Style standards for CanIL
- CanIL Stylesheet – TWU version: Word Link PDF Link
- CanIL Stylesheet – Tyndale version: Word Link PDF Link
- CanIL Stylesheet resources folder: Link
- Gloss using Leipzig glossing conventions: http://www.eva.mpg.de/lingua/resources/glossing-rules.php
- Conventions of the Generic Style Rules: Link
- Conventions of the Unified Linguistic Style Sheet: http://www.linguisticsociety.org/resource/unified-style-sheet
- Current CanIL students can make an appointment (online or in-person) with a writing coach at the WriteAway Writing Centre on campus.
- A CanIL M.A. Linguistics alum has started her own copy-editing business. She is familiar with the conventions of linguistic papers and charting. For her contact info, send an email to Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A guide to writing theses at CanIL: Link
- XLingPaper – SIL software for writing linguistic articles and theses: Link
- LaTex – software for writing complex documents of various sorts including linguistic theses. UBC resource page: Link
- Overleaf – Cloud-based collaboration and editing of LaTex documents: Link
Bibliography management Tools
These are tools to manage the process of collecting, formatting and producing bibliographies for school papers.
- Zotero – a Firefox Bibliography plug-in
- EndNote – available through the TWU Library website. Link
- EazyPaper – 5% discount for CanIL students. Developed by one of our own alumni, eazypaper works as a part of Microsoft Word. Purchase with this promotional code, get a discount AND a portion will also go to the CanIL scholarship fund! Just click on the graphic to get your discounted copy of eazypaper!