For Summer@CanIL participants who are considering entering a degree program in the fall, please note all of the important deadlines listed below.
- February 28: TWU Financial Aid deadline for students planning to enter the B.A. Ling program this Fall
- April 15 Summer@CanIL Financial Aid Application Deadline
- CanIL reviews applications in three batches (early December, mid-January and late March).
- First batch deadline: November 30th for application and supporting documents.
- Second batch deadline: January 31st for application and supporting documents.
- Third batch deadline: March 31st for application and supporting documents.
- Due to a high number of applications, we encourage you to get your application and supporting documents in by January 31st.
- May 1: ACTS Financial Aid deadline for students planning to register for the MALT program this Fall
- July 15: CanIL Financial Aid Application Deadline for students continuing in Fall
Summer@CanIL Calendar 2019
Begin and start dates are established for 2018. Outings and events between those dates are tentative.
- May 30: Tuition payment deadline. Housing payment deadline.
- June 6: Visiting staff arrive
- June 7: Staff team building and orientation (starts at 10a)
- June 8-9: (Sat.-Sun.) All students arrive
- June 9: (Sun.) 5:00pm Welcome dinner and orientation (Venue: TBA)
- June 10: (Mon.) Classes begin
- June 12/13: Last Add date for Mon or Tue classes.
- June 11: (Tue.) 11:25am Opening Chapel
- June 15: (Sat.) Brunch and Golden Ears
- June 16: (Sun.) Pre-Launch Workshop
- June 21: Last Drop day (no fee is charged for any drop between the 1st day of class and this day)
- June 28:(Fri.) Staff-hosted skit night
- July 1: (Mon.) Canada Day. No classes.
- July 3/5/10: Withdrawal day – no grade assigned – for Phonetics/Other LING courses/Phonology (no refund, financial aid owed back to CanIL)
- July 5-7 :(Fri afternoon-Sun.) Squamish Camp-out weekend
- July 13: (Sat a.m.) Full training ride for the CanIL Ride/Valley GranFondo
- July 19: (Fri) 2:30 Graduate Program Information Seminar
- July 21: (Sun) CanIL Ride and Ride celebration
- July 22/28/29: Late withdrawal day with grade: Withdraw Pass or Withdraw Fail in GPA calculations.
- July 27:(Sat) Student-hosted talent night
- August 5: (Mon) BC Day Holiday (no classes)
- August 9: (Fri) Some final exams, Finale Lunch & Last day of classes
- We highly recommend that you plan to stay until the late afternoon to make sure that you are present for any final exams that are scheduled on the last day. Final exam rescheduling is difficult and costs $100 per exam.
There is a farewell finale luncheon at noon on the last Friday – please plan on staying for it for good closure to the summer!
- August 10: (Sat.) Check out of dorms by noon