Important Dates for Summer 2020
For Summer@CanIL participants who are considering entering a degree program in the fall, please note all of the important deadlines listed below.
- February 28: TWU Financial Aid deadline for students planning to enter the B.A. Ling program this Fall
- April 15 Summer@CanIL Financial Aid Application Deadline
- Application deadline: April 30th.
- We encourage you to get your application and supporting documents as early as possible, preferably by January 31st.
- Applicants not from Canada should plan for extra application time for any necessary TOEFL, transcript, passport and visa documents.
- May 1: ACTS Financial Aid deadline for students planning to register for the MALT program this Fall
- July 15: CanIL Financial Aid Application Deadline for students continuing in Fall
Summer@CanIL Calendar 2020
Begin and start dates are established for 2020. Outings and events between those dates are tentative.
- May 30: Tuition payment deadline. Housing payment deadline.
- June 11: Visiting staff arrive
- June 12: Staff team building and orientation (starts at 10a)
- June 13-14: (Sat.-Sun.) All students arrive
- June 14: (Sun.) 5:00pm Welcome dinner and orientation (Venue: TBA)
- June 15: (Mon.) Classes begin
- June 17/18: Last Add date for Mon or Tue classes.
- June 16: (Tue.) 11:25am Opening Chapel
- June 20: (Sat.) Brunch and Golden Ears
- June 26: Last Drop day (no fee is charged for any drop between the 1st day of class and this day)
- July 1: (Wed.) Canada Day. No classes.
- July 8/10/13: Withdrawal day – no grade assigned – for Phonetics/Other LING courses/Phonology (no refund, financial aid owed back to CanIL)
- July 10-12 :(Fri afternoon-Sun.) Squamish Camp-out weekend
- July 18: (Sat evening) Staff-hosted skit and talent night
- July 17: (Fri) 2:30 Graduate Program Information Seminar
- July 27/29/31: Late withdrawal day with grade: Withdraw Pass or Withdraw Fail in GPA calculations.
- Aug 1:(Sat) Student-hosted talent night
- August 3: (Mon) BC Day Holiday (no classes)
- August 14: (Fri) Some final exams, Finale Lunch & Last day of classes
- We highly recommend that you plan to stay until the late afternoon to make sure that you are present for any final exams that are scheduled on the last day. Final exam rescheduling is difficult and costs $100 per exam.
There is a farewell finale luncheon at noon on the last Friday – please plan on staying for it for good closure to the summer!
- August 15: (Sat.) Check out of dorms by noon