Important Dates for Summer 2020
For Summer@CanIL participants who are considering entering a degree program in the fall, please note all of the important deadlines listed below.
- February 28: TWU Financial Aid deadline for students planning to enter the B.A. Ling program this Fall
- April 15: Summer@CanIL Financial Aid Application Deadline
- May 1: ACTS Financial Aid deadline for students planning to register for the MALT program this Fall
- May 15: Application Deadline
- We encourage you to get your application and supporting documents as early as possible, preferably by January 31st.
- Applicants not from Canada should plan for extra application time for any necessary TOEFL, transcript, passport and visa documents.
- July 15: CanIL Financial Aid Application Deadline for students continuing in Fall
Summer@CanIL Calendar 2020
Begin and start dates are established for 2020. Outings and events between those dates are tentative.
- May 31: Tuition payment deadline.
- June 12: Staff team building and orientation (starts at 10a)
- June 15: (Mon.) Classes begin
- June 15: 11:30am Opening Chapel
- June 17/18: Last Add date for Mon or Tue classes.
- June 26: Last Drop day (no fee is charged for any drop between the 1st day of class and this day)
- July 1: (Wed.) Canada Day. No classes.
- July 8/10/13: Withdrawal day – no grade assigned – for Phonetics/Other LING courses/Phonology (no refund, financial aid owed back to CanIL)
- July 17: (Fri) 2:30 Graduate Program Information Seminar
- July 18: Staff-hosted skit and talent event
- July 27/29/31: Late withdrawal day with grade: Withdraw Pass or Withdraw Fail in GPA calculations.
- Aug 1: Student-hosted talent event
- August 3: (Mon) BC Day Holiday (no classes)
- August 14: (Fri) Some final exams, Finale event & Last day of classes