For Summer@CanIL participants who are considering entering a degree program in the fall, please note all of the important deadlines listed below.
- February 28: TWU Financial Aid deadline for students planning to enter the B.A. Ling program this Fall
- April 30 Summer@CanIL Financial Aid Application Deadline
- April 30: Summer@CanIL Application Deadline (get your application in as soon as possible – spaces are limited and early applicants receive priority on financial aid).
- May 1: ACTS Financial Aid deadline for students planning to register for the MLE program this Fall
- July 15: CanIL Financial Aid Application Deadline for students continuing in Fall
Summer@CanIL Calendar 2018
Begin and start dates are established for 2018. Outings and events between those dates are tentative.
- May 30: Tuition payment deadline. Housing payment deadline.
- June 9-10: (Sat.-Sun.) All students arrive
- June 10: (Sun.) 5:00pm Welcome dinner and orientation (Venue: TBA)
- June 11: (Mon.) Classes begin
- June 11/12: Last Add date for Mon or Tue classes.
- June 12: (Tue.) 11:25am Opening Chapel
- June 16: (Sat.) Brunch and Golden Ears
- June 22: Last Drop day (no fee is charged for any drop between the 1st day of class and this day)
- June 23:(Sat.) White Rock outing
- July 1: (Sun.) Canada Day
- July 4/7/11: Withdrawal day – no grade assigned – for Phonetics/Other LING courses/Phonology (no refund, financial aid owed back to CanIL)
- July 2: (Mon.) Canada Day observed (no classes)
- July 6-8 :(Fri afternoon-Sun.) Squamish Camp-out weekend
- July 14: (Sat) Staff-hosted skit night
- July 20: (Fri) 2:30 Graduate Program Information Seminar
- July 22: (Sun) Heart-Language Ride
- July 23/29/30: Late withdrawal day with grade: Withdraw Pass or Withdraw Fail in GPA calculations.
- July 28: (Sat) Heart-Language Ride Celebration
- August 4: (Sat) Student-hosted talent night
- August 6: (Mon) BC Day Holiday (no classes)
- August 10: (Fri) Some final exams, Finale Lunch & Last day of classes
- We highly recommend that you plan to stay until the late afternoon to make sure that you are present for any final exams that are scheduled on the last day. Final exam rescheduling is difficult and costs $100 per exam.
There is a farewell finale luncheon at noon on the last Friday – please plan on staying for it for good closure to the summer!
- August 11: (Sat.) Check out of dorms by noon