Find application information for your program below!
Canada Institute of Linguistics partners with Trinity Western University and ACTS Seminaries in Langley, BC, and with Tyndale University in Toronto, ON. Through these partnerships, CanIL serves as the Linguistics Department for each university. Read on to determine how to apply for the program that interests you!
- Summer@CanIL: You’re in the right place for the application – just scroll down!
- Training Tracks or Casual Studies: If you’re interested in a Training Track or just a few specific courses, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information OR fill out the Tell Me More! web form. There are many ways to do casual studies, so we’d like to help you pick the one that works best for you.
- Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics (TWU): Offered through Trinity Western University. Fill out TWU’s main application form.
- Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics (TU): Offered through Tyndale University in Toronto, Ontario. Fill out Tyndale’s main application form.
- Master of Arts in Linguistics: Offered through Trinity Western University’s School of Graduate Studies. Fill out CanIL’s Summer Application for prerequisites* AND fill out TWU’s MA LING application.
- Master of Arts in Linguistics & Translation: Offered through ACTS Seminaries (Trinity Western University’s Graduate School of Theological Studies) on the campus of TWU. Fill out CanIL’s Summer Application for prerequisites* AND fill out ACTS Seminaries’ MALT Application. (You will need to select “Seminary” as your “Level of Study”).
Apply for Summer@CanIL 2021
Summer is the optimal time to join the CanIL family! The Summer@CanIL program is when most students begin at CanIL, either with individual courses for interest, or courses for transfer back to their educational institution. These may be elective credits, the start of a non-degree Training Track, or prerequisites for graduate studies at CanIL and its partner organizations. Summer@CanIL is usually hosted by Canada Institute of Linguistics at Trinity Western University (TWU) in Langley, BC. In light of COVID-19, Summer 2020 was held fully online, and we currently expect Summer 2021 will be fully online as well.
In 2021, the Summer@CanIL program will run from June 14, 2021 through August 13, 2021. There will be a mandatory (virtual) New Student Orientation the weekend before classes begin.
You may review the Summer admissions requirements and application steps here.
CanIL reviews applications and supporting documents as they are received. Due to the high number of anticipated applications, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible, particularly if you are an international applicant.
Want to take classes at CanIL, but can’t come in the Summer?
Send us an email at email@example.com to tell us about your circumstances. If you are interested in a Master’s program or Training Track, Summer is always the ideal entrance semester. Doing prerequisites for an MA, or starting a Training Track, in the Fall instead of the Summer will disrupt the structured course sequence. We recognize that this is sometimes necessary.
Fill out the Fall/Spring application IF:
- You need MA prerequisites, but the Summer is not an option for you
- You want to start a Training Track, but the Summer is not an option for you
- You want to take courses for interest or transfer credit, and the course is not available in the Summer semester OR Summer is not an option for you
- You are resuming casual (non-degree) studies at CanIL after a time away
Please note that all Spring 2021 courses will be held online. See Latest CanIL COVID-19 Response Information for more information.
To apply for Spring 2021 classes at CanIL, click here: Fall/Spring Application.