Apply Now for Summer 2019!
Summer is the time to join the CanIL family! The Summer@CanIL program is when most students begin at CanIL, either to take individual courses for interest, to take courses to transfer back to their educational institution as elective credit, to start a non-degree Training Track program, or to finish their pre-reqs for their graduate studies with CanIL and its partner organizations. The Summer@CanIL program is hosted by Canada Institute of Linguistics (CanIL) at Trinity Western University (TWU) in Langley, BC.
In 2019, the Summer@CanIL program will run from June 10, 2019 – August 9, 2019, on the campus of TWU.
There is a mandatory New Student Orientation on Sunday, June 9.
Summer Application Deadline now extended to April 15!
To apply for the Summer@CanIL 2019 program, click here: Summer@CanIL application.
See Summer admissions requirements here.
CanIL reviews Summer applications in three batches (November, January, March). Accepted students will be notified within two weeks after the deadline.
- First batch deadline: November 30th for application and supporting documents.
- Second batch deadline: January 31st for application and supporting documents.
- Third batch deadline: March 31st for application and supporting documents. Now extended to April 15!
Due to a high number of applications, we encourage you to get your application and supporting documents in as soon as possible, particularly if you are an international applicant.
Interested in a Full Degree Program (BA or MA)?
CanIL is a partner organization with Trinity Western University, ACTS Seminaries, and Tyndale University College (Toronto, ON). Therefore, if you are interested in a degree program, you’ll ALSO need to complete an application from one of these educational institutions.
- To apply for the Master of Arts in Linguistics (CanIL/TWU) click here: MA LING application
- To apply for the Master of Arts in Linguistics and Translation (CanIL/ACTS Seminaries) click here: MALT application
- To apply for the Bachelor of Linguistics at Trinity Western University click here: BA LING at TWU
- To apply for the Bachelor of Linguistics at Tyndale University College click here: BA LING at Tyndale
(For Graduate studies, there are 4 very specific pre-requisite foundational courses needed. The majority of our incoming graduate students begin by taking these courses together in the Summer. If you already have the specific four pre-requisite courses – or qualifying equivalents – you can apply for direct entry to the MA program in the Fall, and do not need to fill out a Summer application. However, this will need to be determined in conjunction with the Admissions Department (email@example.com). A Bachelor’s Degree in Linguistics does not guarantee that the pre-requisites have been met. Send us an email and let’s work on this together!)
Want to take classes at CanIL, but can’t come in the Summer?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your situation! If you are interested in an MA or a Training Track, starting in the Summer is always the ideal entrance term. Doing pre-requisites for an MA or starting a Training Track in the Fall instead of Summer will disrupt the structured course sequencing. However, we recognize that this is sometimes unavoidable.
Fill out the Fall/Spring Application if:
- You need MA pre-requisites, but the Summer is not an option for you
- You want to start a Training Track, but the Summer is not an option for you
- You want to take courses for interest or transfer credit, but the Summer is not an option for you
- You are resuming casual (non-degree) studies at CanIL after a time away
To apply for Fall or Spring classes at CanIL, click here: Fall/Spring Application.